Living green walls provide a multitude of benefits to those who own, work, and live among them. Green walls are beautiful, create habitat, promote health and well being, attract customers and can even provide sustenance.
A living wall offers numerous benefits at economic, ecological and societal levels. People are happier in a green environment than in grey surroundings.
- The plants in a living wall filter particulate matter from the air and convert CO2 into oxygen. 1 m2 of living wall extracts 2.3 kg of CO2 per annum from the air and produces 1.7 kg of oxygen . With a living wall you contribute to air purification.
- Greenery promotes a healthy indoor climate. Complaints such as irritated eyes, headaches, sore throats and tiredness diminish. In offices where there is plenty of greenery, there is a measurable decrease in absenteeism due to illness.
- A green workplace can result in a 15% increase in productivity. Plants have a positive effect on people. This is also reflected in employee satisfaction.
- Greenery encourages faster recovery for patients, resulting in a shorter hospital stay. A persons' tolerance of pain is higher in a green environment. This is also known as a ‘healing environment’.
- Living and working in a green environment has a positive effect on the well-being of people. Greenery offers relaxation and reduces stress.
- Living Walls improve indoor air quality by increasing oxygen levels, providing natural humidity, and reducing volatile-organic-compounds (VOCs).
Artistic expression comes to life with LiveWall living gardens, where there is no limit to the creative possibilities. Transform your building wall into a living canvas with a broad palette of plants.
The LiveWall system can support a broad number of herbs, greens, vegetables and even some fruit! Vertical gardens serve as a living reminder of a chef’s commitment to using healthy, fresh, and local produce in the kitchen.
Garden walls contribute to healthy communities. Plants in communities are linked to a number of benefits, including reduced crime rates and increased civic participation.